Tuesday, March 20, 2007

iPhoto has power, Doesn't let it out.

Last night I was playing around in iPhoto and realized that I could turn this:
into this,

iPhoto has some power. But maybe it's not sharing it all with me.

---

iPhoto will not let me export images exactly how they look in iPhoto.

I noticed on this pair of pictures that I liked the one on the left, but didn't like the one ont he right.
The reason: it looks better in iPhoto. The colors appear more vivid when iPhoto displays the picture, as opposed to any other application. Even in Apple's preview application, the picture appears dull.

Notice the difference:













To emphasize:

I don't understand why I can't export images from iPhoto the way that they look in iPhoto.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Rayhan said...

I believe it has something to do with embedded color profiles. The camera has one called "Camera RGB" and your computer has one called "Monitor RGB". iPhoto is probably using the camera's RGB profile, and preview (and other apps) are using the monitor's profile.

This was brought to my attention because Photoshop asks which profile you want to use if I open a picture taken from a digital camera.